In the meantime, I'm going to jot down some things that are fresh on my mind:
- Aubrey said "anemone" while watching Finding Nemo this morning. I almost fell over.
- Aubrey walked about 20 feet, assisted for the first time ever! Yay! My little mellow baby may just walk yet, haha!
- She did the sign for "dog" or "Tina" as we tell her, after seeing it for the first time this morning. She is picking things up so quickly these days!!
- All week she has been trying to "talk" to the kitty. She says, "Nee-yaaa ki ki ki" as her version of "Meow, kitty kitty kitty." Too cute.
- Last week she got on the phone with Gigi and said, "Hi, Gigi!"
- She's enjoying sitting in and learning to get in and out of her new "big girl chair" that Gigi sent us last week.
- She is loving chicken & veggie ravioli, toast, green beans, and animal cookies right now. Of course the string cheese is always a favorite too. ;)
- Tina and Aubrey play together now. Tina is working on teaching Aubrey to play fetch with her, haha!
- Aubrey loves learning about colors. Her favorite pajamas are blue, and she likes to point to the pictures on them and say, "blue!"
- We are also in a button pushing phase... Buttons on the front of Jerry's computer, buttons on the printer, buttons on any remote she can get her hands on, and of course all the buttons on her toys.
- She is up to about twenty signs now, both recognized and executed.
- She is up to about fifteen words and several word pairings and phrases, most different from the signs she knows.
- She is learning to brush her teeth and brush her hair, and loves it when I blow dry her hair and brush it with my brush.
- She can drink out of a cup by herself. (Like, a real cup, not a sippy!!)
- She can show you "how big" she is.
- She likes to sing, and loves all different kinds of music.
- She has 10 teeth. The 8 main front ones and two molars on top.
- She is a water baby if I have EVER seen one! She loves splashing in the tub, of course, but she really loves swimming. Whether it's in the baby pool or with Mama & Daddy in a full sized pool, she has a ball. She's not afraid to stick her face in the water, and kicks like a champ.
- She LOVES books. I would say she probably spends about 70 percent of her play time "reading" and 30 percent playing with toys. It's not uncommon to catch her sitting quietly amongst a huge pile of books, carefully turning the pages of each one.
Oh yeah... and she's 14 months old today. :) We are so proud of our growing little angel!