Saturday, April 24, 2010

nursery update!

Today is a super exciting day for me. :) After literally WEEKS of trying to get new carpet installed in the nursery, it finally came in last night. Poor guy was here until 8:30pm, but I am so thankful that he took the time/overtime to do it for us. Now the fun part begins!!

For the last several weeks and months I've been planning my little heart out, summoning all of my most inspired creative juices to create an amazing nursery. I'm hoping that as everything comes together, it turns out to be something really special. :) All the furniture is in, though it will need to be put together today, and I'm sitting on a PILE of decor and accessories to finish it up. J worked so hard on refinishing the walls for me, and de-texturing them, as well as repainting the trim and doing some installation work for me. The painting was arduous work for me, but it turned out even better than I expected, so we're off to an amazing start!

The original plan was to have it all finished by the time the Baby Shower rolled around, so I could do a "big reveal" to all my friends and family who may only have one chance to see it in person. I really hope I'm not hyping it up too much, but I think it will be worth the wait. Plus, there are so many people coming in town from all over the country, that I felt like it would be something special to let them see it first and in person. I mean, LITERALLY no one has been in here except for J and I so far.

Of course, because I'm so antsy about it, and so proud of myself, I may have to post a couple of abstract "sneak peek" photos later today... we'll see! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment