Thursday, May 13, 2010

Breast pumping??? Yikes!

I went and purchased my breast pump today. It's the last "major" thing from my registry that hadn't been purchased yet, so I wanted to go ahead an get it out of the way just in case Aubrey comes early. Being prepared is definitely my "thing," and I don't function well without organization and a good plan... so I feel much better having absolutely everything in order now. All that I have left to do is pack my bag, and I'll be doing that next week after I see my doc on Monday. :)

So... for the breast pump. It's a strange thing. I mean, I guess I never thought twice about breast feeding my baby because it's like the most normal thing in the world to do, right? Plus, it's so healthy and has so many benefits for both myself and the baby, but that's another post altogether. Anyway, so I get it home and take it out of the box and start trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do with it and how it works. It was all very confusing...


See? So much "stuff" to figure out and put together. Luckily, since you're not really supposed to introduce the bottle for 4-6 weeks so baby can really get used to nursing first, I have some time. It seems so awkward!! However, it's really important to me to have a way for Jerry to be involved in the feeding time, etc. since there's so much bonding that happens at that time, so pumping it is! 

Of course, as an added bonus, pumping also will allow us to let the grandparents babysit, or allow me to have a glass of wine or a marg now and again, and let J do some of the overnight feedings on the weekends so that maybe I can sleep some too. ;)

I am learning so much... LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment