Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Going home...

After 2 nights in the hospital, they sent us home. Boy, was I ready! I don't know if this is "normal" or not, but I was feeling good, not having any soreness, and definitely going stir crazy in that hospital room. Everyone keeps telling me it wasn't the norm, but I'm thankful things post-delivery went so well... especially given my not-so-easy pregnancy. :) 

Even with the awesome view... (I felt more like I was staying in a resort than at the hospital with my little lakefront view and the cute little gazeebo outside, LOL) I was ready to get out and get going.


More than anything, Jerry and I were both looking forward to getting back to our own bed. Since I hadn't been sleeping and had been so uncomfortable for the past several weeks, I especially was looking forward to reconnecting with my old friend, the bed. LOL

Riding in the wheelchair to meet "Daddy" at the front door with the car:


Already loving those car rides... she sacks out every time! 


Of course, you know I just had to ride in the back seat with her... and Daddy was driving slow and careful on the back roads going home. No I-45 for this new family!! LOL

Hanging out at home the first day:

(being held by Uncle Dylan)


(snuggling in bed with Daddy)

(snuggling with Mommy in the glider)

(sleeping in the bassinet for the first time)


I don't think I will ever forget that first night. Jerry jumped up every time he heard Aubrey squeak or grunt or anything. It was like a shot out of a gun, LOL. She was pretty good for the most part, but we were up 3 or 4 times that night. I also remember snuggling with her in bed that first night before we put her down... we watched "Legends of the Fall" on DVD b/c we had caught the end of it on TV at the hospital. What a strange thing to remember, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment